I have tried to do this before. Numerous times. I've started alphabetically. I've started chronologically. But somewhere near the middle, I lose steam. And by then, usually four or five new movies have been added. To keep such monstrosities from occurring this time, I have a set of rules:
- All of the films on my list (which are also listed alphabetically in the right hand column) are to be listed on small pieces of paper, put in a cup, and chosen at random.
- I am not allowed to watch any of the films on my list until it is chosen from The Cup.
- One film must be chosen and watched in its entirety every day until all films have been chosen. (This means all 238 minutes of Gone With the Wind in one epic sitting).
- The film watched on Day 1 will be blogged about on Day 2. The film from Day 2 will be blogged about on Day 3...and so on and so forth.
- All films will be ranked after viewing.
- No new films may be added to the list until after the ranking is over, however, movies may be added to the "Contention List."
So, without further adieu, I will draw my VERY FIRST FILM...hold on...swishing around the papers...okay, got one...here it is...
Tune in tomorrow for the enlightening review of film number 1.