Monday, June 13, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 13

Day 13 - A Love Makin' Song

"Love Bites" - Def Leppard, Hysteria (1987)

Truly, the song I want to shake the sheets to the most is REO Speedwagon's "Take It On the Run", but since I already used it, I've chosen something else for this category.

Allow me to get a little personal. All through high school, I wasn't ready for sex. Oh, I wanted to do it, but I was mature enough to know I wasn't ready. Plus, the dude I liked always had a girlfriend...blah, blah, blah, that old chestnut. Anyway, senior year, I decided I didn't care if he had a girlfriend or not. I decided that if the opportunity ever arose for us to do the deed, I would take it. We had this unresolved sexual tension, so it could have happened...

He used to sing "Love Bites" at me. Not to me, at me, very close to my face, in my ear. It's not a romantic song, really. It's about how the guy thinks his lady isn't being entirely truthful to him about their sex life. But it's slow and driving and will always remind me of sexual tension, and therefore, I will always want to have the big bang to it.

No comments: