Thursday, June 9, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 6

Day 6 - A Song That Reminds You of Somewhere

"It Wasn't Me" - Shaggy featuring RikRok, Hot Shot (2000)

When I was in the seventh grade, my parents celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary. In honor of that event, they took a two week trip to Ireland and brought me along. We rented a car and drove through the lush, green landscapes of the Emerald Isle at our own leisurely pace. While on this journey, we listened to Top 40 radio, which, if you knew my family, you would find hilarious. My mother doesn't really like music and my father is a die hard classic rock fan. And me? Well, in 2001, I was in the middle of my Carpenters phase.

However, my parents are big fans of reggae, so when this song came on the radio, my dad would BLAST it. No matter that it was sort of dirty and a pro-cheating song, he loved it. Therefore, whenever I hear "It Wasn't Me" (which isn't lately these days, hmmmm....) I think of Ireland.

No comments: