Saturday, June 11, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 8

Day 8 - A Song You Know All the Words To


"It's All Coming Back to Me Now" - Celine Dion, Falling Into You (1996)

I know all the words to lots of songs, but I figured I pick one that's at least kind of long so I can impress the shorts off of my loyal readers. This is one of my For the Ages favorite songs that I have loved forever. Jim Steinman (producer and songwriter for Meat Loaf) wanted to write the "most passionate, romantic song" ever and I think he pretty much nailed it. Plus, it was inspired by Wuthering Heights, so woo hoo!

The song was first released on the concept album Original Sin by Pandora's Box, a band "created" by Steinman. But it didn't become a major hit until Celine Dion covered it in 1996. And ten years later, Meat Loaf and unknown Norwegian singer Marion Raven turned it into a duet. Each version is passionate, overflowing with angst and pain of epic proportions, but Celine's is the best vocally and the first I heard, so it gets my vote as favorite.*

No comments: