Friday, August 26, 2011

Revenge of the 30 Day Song Challenge - Day 1

Ah, we just can't get enough of the daily challenges, can we, Andrew? This one will work much like the original 30 Day Song Challenge, only this time, it's personal. 

Day 1 - A Song You Like RIGHT NOW

"Dead End Justice" - Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart, The Runaways: Music From the Motion Picture (2010)

From the first time I heard The Runaways's signature song "Cherry Bomb", I liked it. Then when the biopic was coming out, I decided to listen up on their discography. Let's just say I wasn't too impressed. Sure, the instrumentals and vocals were impressive, but there was just a lack of catchy hooks. As ignorant as that makes me, I like catchy hooks, damn it.


"Dead End Justice" is featured in The Runaways (2010). It caught my ear after, oh maybe the fifth time I watched it. You only hear a part of it in the movie. But the full version, at 6:40, is an epic of song. "Joan" and "Cherie" are wild and crazy juvenile delinquents who get busted and then try to break out of a "cheap, run down teenage jail". I like this version more than the original simply because the production is better.


Anyway, "Dead End Justice", with it's 70's teen angst absurdity has caught a hold of me. And I can't stop listening to it!


No comments: