Saturday, August 27, 2011

Revenge of the 30 Day Song Challenge - Day 3

Day 3 - A Song From a Favorite Album


"Animal" - Ke$ha, Animal (2009)


Maybe I'm a little embarra$$ed that one of my all time favorite album$ is by the queen of drunk bitch anthem$. Or maybe I don't give a $hit. Ke$ha'$ debut record i$ full of tra$hy gem$ from the bigge$t hit of 2010, "TiK ToK" (don't $top, make it pop) on down to the fucktarded "Dino$aur" (hittin' on me WHAT!?) But my favorite? The overlooked title track and album clo$er. (That's my last $, I swear).


Judging by the title, you might expect "Animal" to be about what a wild and crazy freak Ke$ha is. Trust me, there are enough of those songs already. "Animal", at its heart, is a love song, a now or never song, a let's do it because this is our last chance song. 


Animal the Album is a bit schizophrenic; most of the songs relish in glitter, sweat, and daiquiri flavored vomit. Then you have songs like "Hungover" and "Dancing With Tears in My Eyes" which show the "serious" side of partying. While both awesome, they are both downers, leaving us to believe when Ke$ha drops the tempo, the mood goes with it. Not the case with "Animal" which is slower and optimistic.


To me, "Animal" is the most sincere Ke$ha song. And personally, I think she thinks it's one of her greatest. After all, its also the album title. And a remixed version appears on her Cannibal EP, not a revamped "TiK ToK" or "Blah, Blah, Blah".



1 comment: