Monday, August 29, 2011

Revenge of the 30 Day Song Challenge - Day 5

Day 5 - A Song Written For a TV Show


"If We Were a Movie" - Miley Cyrus, Hannah Montana: Songs From and Inspired By the Hit TV Series (2006)

First and foremost: I do not watch Hannah Montana. I've seen approximately five minutes of an episode and promptly returned to something much more prolific like a rerun of Full House. (Hold for canned laughter)

I discovered this song via Youtube while searching for Hey Arnold! episodes. Someone oh-so-cleverly mashed this song with clips of Helga and Arnold. I didn't even finish watching the video before buying the song on iTunes. It was then I discovered the song was by Miley Cyrus.

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

Eventually, I got over it because it's a fucking great pop song. For anyone who's been in the Friend Zone and seen Some Kind of Wonderful too many times, this is your anthem. I mean, that's not me, but I know many of YOU have been there, so I'm looking out for YOU.

I've never seen the episode(s?) this song has been featured in, so I don't know if Miley/Hannah is an actual victim of the Friend Zone or not. All I have is this clip. And yes, that is Dolly Parton.


No comments: